Mission and Vision
Hypha Worker Co-operative cultivates collective growth and meaningful livelihoods through learning and building technologies together.
Working in solidarity with our neighbours, we support each other and provide safe harbour to imagine and create alternative futures.
At our 2021 retreat, we aligned on the following short-list of values:
During our 2019 retreat we co-drafted a long list of values, consensing that the list has broad alignment to those of the participants of this co-operative.
This is an early group of collected approaches, motivations, and commitments:
- Intersectionality: recognize differences and work across those differences
- Mutual Aid
- Justice (Environmental)
- [Anti-racism, Anti-oppression]
- Practicing what you preach
- Care for others
- Forgiveness and having paths back in
- [Self-agency, self-determination]
- Capacity to share
- Multi-faceted knowledge
- Curiosity, diverse perspectives
- "Structured chaos": recognizing changing ecosystem, less predictability, learn to embrace/find ways to progress through that
- Interdependent abundance (Collective self-agency)
- Financial security: so we can focus on the work and not worry about the financials
- Radical reflection