Prior to paying the first invoice for a contractor:
- If there was no notice of a new contractor/invoice to be paid, confirm invoice with project lead.
- Confirm what currency the invoice is in. If not in CAD make sure it is identified somewhere on the invoice.
- Confirm with contractor and project lead in what currency they would be paid in (CAD, USD, EUR, or GBP).
- Collect banking details from contractor and enter them into Wise.
- After entering the banking information, provide screenshot to contractor to confirm.
The contractor must be set up as a Recipient before following the steps below.
- Go to Wise.
- Select the Account based on the currency listed in the invoice.
- Enter the total amount listed in the invoice and click
- Enter the name of the recipient in the search bar and click the matching entry.
- Review the details of the transfer.
- Enter the invoice number and click
Confirm and send.
Track your transferin the next page.
Share with recipient, and then
- Confirm the link works and send it to the contractor to confirm the invoice has been paid (reply-all to their invoice, and cc finance@ if it isn't in the recipients list).
- Forward the invoice email to the QuickBooks address, or upload it through QuickBooks Online.