Hypha is a worker co-operative that is governed and operated by its member-workers. Two weeks before probationary members become eligible for membership, i.e., two weeks before the completion of a full year as a probationary member, they should submit a completed member application form to
email@example.com in the body of an email or as a text attachment.
The application form consists of three questions. Probationary members should answer all questions to the best of their ability. There is no limit to the length, however, ideally the length of the completed application form will not exceed three pages at typical font sizes, to make reviews manageable.
Members will review submitted applications and vote to confirm membership of the applicants.
- Applications will not be evaluated on writing style as much as the content of the responses.
- The focus of the evaluation is on the ability of applicants to be good members and steer the cooperative into the future. Applicants' execution on client projects is not the focus of the evaluation.
- Evaluations will take into account applicants' level of experience and opportunities to participate in internal activities of the organization. Those who have had limited opportunities to participate in organization decisionmaking due to other cooperative priotiies (such as project work) will not be needlessly penalized for it.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values in their responses.
Applications should feel free to reach out to full members for support during the application process.
- What is your full name?
- What date do you complete your probationary membership?
- Why do you want to be a member of Hypha?
- As an organization, what are Hypha's strengths and weaknesses?
- Perhaps the most important quality in a member is "caring for the organization." What does this mean to you? How do you see yourself caring for Hypha in the coming years?