🔉 Audio clips
📄 PDF reports or articles
🌐 Web sites or online resources
7 International Co-operative Principles:
- 🌐 ICA Cooperative identity, values & principles
- 📄 ICA Guidance Notes to the Co-operative Principles
- 🌐 Willy Street Seven Cooperative Principles
- 🌐 Grassroots Economic Organizing: The Cooperative Principles, the Common Good, and Solidarity
Tech Worker Co-ops:
- 📄 A technology freelancer's guide to starting a worker's coop
- 🔉 Soundcloud Podcast: Worker Cooperatives: Widening Spheres of Democracy
- 🌐 Tech Worker Co-op Repo: Incredible list of resources including a db of active tech co-ops worldwide
- 🌐 Vibes Theory of Organization Design - Enspiral
- identifies lots of tensions while building organizational culture
- 🌐 Enspiral Handbook
- 🌐 Lab.coop Reading List
- 📄 Balancing Performance with Principles in Coops and Mutuals, Report by Ernst and Young
Civics, Tech, Politics:
- 🌐 Paul Frazee "Information Civics"
- 📄 Langdon Winner "Do Artifacts have Politics"
- 🌐 Diana Nucera "Two-way Streets: Forging the Paths Towards Participatory Civic Technology"
- 🌐 Design Justice Principles
- 🌐 From "Openness" to Justice
- 📄 Indigenous Cooperatives in Canada: The Complex Relationship Between Cooperatives, Community Economic Development, Colonization, and Culture
- 🌐 Study Collaboration
- Thinking about novel ways of collaborating between us and others
- Also, neat links towards the bottom
- 🌐 Patterns for Decentralised Organising
- 🌐 Designing Methodologies 2018, Shannon Mattern
- 🌐 Aspiration Tech Facilication Resources
- 🌐 Beautiful Trouble: A Toolbox for Revolution
- 📚 adrienne maree brown (2017) Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds
- 🌐 Loconomics Cooperative Bylaws
- 🌐 Waag Co-creation Toolkit
- 🌐 El LleialTec: Pla de Sobirania Tecnològica als equipaments municipals (Google translated)
- 🌐 Center for Global Justice: Solidarity Economy Directory
- 🌐 The Future of Social Economy Leadership and Organizational Composition in Canada: Demand from Demographics, and Difference through Diversity
- 📚 Elinor Ostrom (1990) Governing the Commons
- 📄 JK Gibson-Graham, J Cameron, & S Healy (2016) "Commoning as a postcapitalist politics" In Releasing the Commons: Rethinking the futures of the commons
- 📄 G Caffentzis, S Frederici (2014) "Commons against and beyond capitalism"
- 📄 S Frederici (2011) "Feminism and the politics of the commons"
- 📄 Yochai Benkler Commons-Based Peer Production and Virtue
- 📄 Stavros Stavrides Common Space: The City as Commons
- 🎬 Richard Sennett The Decline of the Skills Society
- 🌐 Scott Alexander Meditations On Moloch (link removed, see explanation)
- 🎬 Sarah Friend Decentralization and Its Discontents at Radical Networks 2018
- 📄 Nathan Schnieder n.d. "Decentralization: An Incomplete Ideology"
- 🌐 Data Together Reading List or Zotero Group
Requirements for co-ops in Canada (Federal and Provincial) (for more see 2018 retreat playbook):