Hypha Worker Co-operative Inc. is a worker co-operative incorporated on August 1, 2019 in Ontario, Canada (Ontario Corporation No. 5019866).
Hypha is incorporated as a non-share capital worker co-operative under the Ontario Co-operative Corporations Act, 1990. This entails specific conditions on our primary object, size of membership, and role of members, as addressed in Article , [1.1],  and [145.1] of the Act.
We are a non-profit organization. As per 2017's Cutting Unnecessary Red Tape Act, Hypha falls under neither the current Corporations Act, nor the upcoming Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, which both govern not-for-profit corporations in Ontario.
Every member-owner is both an employee and co-owner of Hypha. There are seven member-owners, all of which are founding employees, with four Directors.
- Has completed a membership application (and/or been officially welcomed into the membership)
- Is a permanent or founding employee
- Is considered:
- active if they are in good standing with their membership fees and have not requested to change their status
- inactive if they have requested to change their status
- Inactive members are unable to vote, serve as a director, participate in projects, or work as an employee for so long as they remain so
- Inactive members can request to become active at any time
- Is "someone who performs work for an employer for wages," meeting the Employment Standards Act, 2000 definition of employee
- Is considered permanent if they:
- Have completed a probationary period of one year
- Are not working under contract
- Provides services clearly specified in a time-limited contractor agreement
- Participates in open Hypha activities and projects without a formal relationship